Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Real or Not Real? part 2.

What do the disorders from the DSM-5 teach us about our minds?

That is my guiding question for this Final Project. I have decided to base this project after our most recent project in Disease, where we focused on mental disorders and the DSM-5. For that project, we chose our own disorders to learn about, presented information about them to the class, and finally, created a simulation of that disorder. I chose Delusional Disorder, which is related to Schizophrenia and it is where someone can't differentiate reality from their own imagination. I simulated it by showing the class a video called, The Tucher Zone. You can see more information on what I did with that presentation, farther back on my blog.

For this Final Project, I used the guiding question to look a little bit deeper into the DSM-5 and the significance it has to mental disorders. I put together a slide show where I explain the DSM-5 more in-depth and briefly mention some more information about Delusional Disorder. I made a poster that I used in my previous project but amped it up a bit and added more information about DD. Below you will see my slide show and in that, my exploration of the guiding question. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment