Thursday, June 10, 2021

A parking lot re-imagined

This is the last AP for our Junior year, in our Urban Planning class. As we wrapped up the year, and the term, we learned about the history/development of cities and the beginning fundamentals of Urban Planning. We also watched three videos, that separately taught us about living locally, the issues and the disconnect between modern urbanism and suburbia, retrofitting, and environmental justice. We also learned about parks, city budgeting, and transit, which all make up Urban Planning. We had an architect come in to talk to us, as well as, 3 architect students who assisted us with the beginning building stages of this project. For this project, we were challenged with finding a space, either in our neighborhood, city, country, or anywhere else in the world, that we wanted to redesign. After we chose an area and sketched out ideas for redesigning it, we transformed it into a 3D model. Below you will see the area I chose, my building process, and my final model! Enjoy!

Overall, I really enjoyed this term and getting the opportunity to do this project. I especially enjoyed the building aspect of it. This class taught me about how much goes into Urban Planning, and it gave me insight into how planners make proposals for redesigns, as well. I am proud of my model, even though I wish I added more cutouts of vegetables and flowers, instead of just painting them. I think that is the only thing I would have done differently. Thank you for reading my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment